Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bird and Blog Watching

Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend an Ag Issues Forum which I will report on in a future blog posting. At the meeting I ran into CSA member and Longwood Gardens employee Tom Brightman, who alerted me to Longwood Garden's fantastic blog, in particular his posting about a pair of pileated woodpecker's and their nest at Longwood. The timing could not have been better, since I had just been watching a pileated woodpecker here at the farm. I first heard its distinctive sound (the inspiration for woody the woodpecker) and then watched it going to work on a dead branch in the tree line on the way up our hill. Anyway, thought you would enjoy this amazing bird and this amazing blog--the perfect pass time for the winter months.

No comments: