Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Signs of Spring-More Color and Less Time for Blogging

It has been a while since my last posting; I have been busy seeding and working in the greenhouse. Despite the rather chilly start to spring, its been amazing to watch the slow and steady greening of the grass, the emergence of the deep red maple blossoms against the blue skies, and the vibrant yellows and golds of the flowering forsythia and daffodils. There is also color appearing in the tender greens inside the greenhouse plots. (Click here to view a Facebook album of seedlings and greens).

Yesterday was warm and productive. It was my first full day of working the soil. This quote came to mind:

"When the April wind wakes the call for the soil, I hold the plough as my only hold upon the earth, and, as I follow through the fresh and fragrant furrow, I am planted with every foot-step, growing, budding, blooming into a spirit of spring."
- Dallas Lore Sharp, 1870-1929


No comments: