Friday, February 19, 2010

Chester County Cheese Lovers Have Reason to Rejoice

The next couple of weeks includes a number of tasty, informative, and spirited events that all feature cheese. First on the cheese calendar is a taste of Vermont "happy hour" at local cheese mecca Talula's Table. The event happening on Thursday, February 25th from 4-6PM will feature special guest Zoe Brickley of the famous Cellars at Jasper Hill in Vermont. Zoe's past employment included managing the cheese caves at Murray's, NYC famous cheese shop. I have to say Murray's doesn't have anything on Talula's--click here to read one of Talula's past newsletters, all about my favorite kind of cheese--local.

Speaking of local cheese, on Saturday, March 6th the PASA is hosting an informative guided tasting "Cheeses from Chester County: Then and Now". This event with feature famous local food historian William Woys Weaver and cheese makers from Birchrun Hills, Highland Farm, and Yellow Springs. I am sure this event will sell out so make sure you register asap.

The final event I would like to highlight is one very near and dear to my heart--The Down to Earth Mugs and Music. I have been involved in planning this event for the last three years. I will provide much more details in a future posting--however I just want to alert you to fact that tickets are now available through the Kennett Flash where the event will take place (I have a feeling this event will sell out as well) and also that local food reception will feature the cheeses of Birchrun Hills, Highland Farm, and Amazing Acres. Enjoy the cheeses of (on in) Chester County! Great posting from the Kennett Market blog also on these events--more links, more info.

No comments: