Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year-Delicious Winter Salad Recipe

Happy New Year! I cannot believe it has been almost a month since my last posting. I guess I got caught up in the holiday and end of year duties. Now that the New Year has begun and I am a little more caught up on office work--I am excited about posting on a more regular basis. Stay tuned for updates regarding the farm, our community, as well as news and events that might be of interest to you. In the meantime I thought you might appreciate this fantastic winter salad recipe--with all kinds of seasonal ingredients like fennel and citrus. I actually have the opportunity to try it last night. We had a going away gathering for farm friend Hannah--who is returning to university in Canada to complete her masters work. Hannah is a friend, helper, and surrogate daughter to Martha Pisano of Highland Farm Sheep cheese and yogurt. Martha brought this salad to the party last night and it paired perfectly with the other winter dishes brought to the table.

Speaking of talented women in our community--Margaret Gilmour, local writer and one of the founders of CC Dwell, has launched her own personal blog--Fresh Basil highlighting the things in life that are hand-crafted, just plucked, and all-natural--read more about Margaret here--Enjoy!

No comments: